Essex & Suffolk Water parent group Northumbrian Water retains place in World’s Most Ethical Company list
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Essex & Suffolk Water company parent group Northumbrian Water has been named as the world’s most ethical water company for the sixth consecutive year.
The group is one of just four UK-based companies in the 2016 World’s Most Ethical Company lsit, compiled by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices.
Heidi Mottram, chief executive Officer of Northumbrian Water Group, said that being honoured in the list for a sixth year underscored the company#s commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
“We’re delighted to be the only water company in the world to be named as the most ethical for the sixth year running,” she said.
“This global recognition confirms that we are consistently delivering excellent environmental performance and have sustained support to our communities over many years. Since 2002, we have given back more than 100,000 hours to local communities through our employee volunteering scheme.
You may also want to watch:
“Customers trust us to provide our services that they rely on every day in their homes and businesses. We take the responsibility of building and maintaining that trust very seriously, conducting our business in a way that minimises environmental impact, promotes positive interaction with the community and is conducted with sound ethical standards.
“Our ethical track record is testament to all our 3,000 people across the business who make ethical behaviour a standard business practice.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
Ethisphere chief executive Timothy Erblich said: “Northumbrian Water Group sets a clear example of ethical and sustainable business practices and stakes their reputation on their ability to provide a safe and sustainable water supply.”
“Their values align with our mission to improve the world in which we live. Congratulations to everyone at Northumbrian Water Group for being recognised as a 2016 World’s Most Ethical Company.”
This year marks the tenth anniversary of Ethisphere and the World’s Most Ethical Companies designation. Other companies in the latest list include Marks & Spencer, Delphi, Cisco and Ford.