Essex: University research provides insight into successful branding
BUSINESS leaders have been given an insight into successful branding by management lecturer Cecilia Cassinger, from the Essex Business School at the University of Essex.
Dr Cassinger outlined her research on branding and image construction, and how brands with a strong story to tell are more successful, during two popular workshops at a “Going for Growth” event to help the region’s businesses exploit opportunities.
Emma Hewett, research and enterprise manager at the university said: “These workshops demonstrated how expertise at the university is of direct benefit to business.”
Around 100 business representatives attended the event, organised by the Designers Network, Essex County Council and the University of Essex, and held at Writtle College.
It was chaired chaired by George Kieffer, Essex vice chair of the South East Local Economic Partnership, with other speakers including Sir George Cox, past chairman of the Design Council and director general at the Institute of Directors, and Lawrence Mallinson, managing director of Suffolk-based James White Drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Workshops and presentations included how a small business competes in a large market, creating apps, profiting from design and patents and trademarks.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?