Essex YFC: Bradwell-on-Sea hosts East Anglia’s YFCs showdown
AFTER the excitement and success of the Young Farmers Show back in May Essex Young Farmers have still remained busy with a number of events they have taken part in.
Eastern Area Competitions were held on June 16 at Bradwell-on-Sea by the kind permission of our President Robert Smith and his wife Julie.
Members from counties across East Anglia including Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk competed against each other in a number of competitions.
Competitions included volleyball, erecting fences and the infamous tug of war.
It was a brilliant event despite the very gusty winds!
You may also want to watch:
Events like these are a great way for Essex members to get to know other Young Farmer Federations from the Eastern region.
It’s a great way for members to see how other counties run. As a county, our subscriber network is very important to us.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
They attend the numerous events and balls we hold throughout the year and helping and supporting us with our fundraising efforts.
On a local level the individual clubs like to thank the subscribers for their support through holding a number of barbeques and other events.
Members from Colchester and Wix Young Farmers will be providing lunch for their subscribers in the Young Farmers Tent at the Tendring Hundred Show on July 14.
Members will also be publicising the County Federation for both new members and new subscribers.
For more information on the Tendring Hundred Show: www.tendringshow.co.uk.
We will soon be coming to the end of the Young Farmers ‘active’ year as many of our members will be back on the farm for harvest.
As a result, we as a county will begin to tone down our activity in the sense of formal meetings and events, until the end of August were we will kickstart the Young Farmers’ Year by running the bar at the Barleylands Show on September 8 and 9.
As our active year comes to an end we say farewell and a very big well done to our chairman for the last year Duncan Howie and his committee and welcome in the keen and eager Charlie Webber.
I would like to wish Charlie and his newly elected committee all the very best in the year ahead.
For more information on Essex Young Farmers or the diary dates above please call our County Office on 01245 360455 or email email@example.com. Our website also provides a wealth of information www.essexyoungfarmers.com