Essex Young Farmers: Colchester club shows its colours for 65th milestone
SO the past few months has been the ball season for Young Farmers with clubs celebrating the year with their harvest suppers, writes Amy Harrison.
Colchester Young Farmer’s held their 65th Harvest Supper at Colne Valley Golf Club on Saturday, October 13 complete with a ‘touch of blue’ theme to match the club colour. Always a popular event this year 150 guests attended to help celebrate the club’s 65th Anniversary. Entertainment was provided by magician Julian Charles and the guest speaker of the evening was Stuart Bosworth - Farmer’s Weekly Pig Farmer of the Year.
The evening also raised over �1300 for the club’s chosen charities which include McMillan Cancer and St. Helena Hospice. Throughout the year fundraising events have occurred including a muck run, quiz night and a coffee morning at Oliver’s Plants which have helped to raise �3000 towards these causes.
The night was a great success for outgoing 2011-2012 Chairman Chris Barron and allows him to now relinquish responsibility to 2012-2013 Chairman Chris Sykes.
On December 4 this year Essex Young Farmers are having an evening with Charlie Pitcher who will be speaking about his offshore experiences and his forthcoming bid to become the worlds fastest ocean rower.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie is aiming to raise at least �100,000 for the C group which supports injured royal marines and great Ormond street Hospital.
To support Charlie please contact him on his email…
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 7 Body found in the River Orwell
- 8 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 9 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 10 Suffolk pensioner exposed to asbestos for up to 30 years as carpenter