Essex Young Farmers column: A big thank you for event success
Essex young farmers have all been very busy this past month setting up and putting on our annual show and rally, writes Harriet Baines.
On May 19 we saw around 13,000 people enter our show site for what was a lovely day, the weather was good to us and everything ran very smoothly.
Thank you to all exhibitors, tradestands and the general public for all your support and helping make the event such a wonderful success. We had many attractions on the day including a motorbike stunt team, acrobatic horse display, the sheep show, gun dog displays, lawnmower racing and much more.
We also saw Halstead ladies tug of war team take first place, along with Colchester men’s team, good luck to them all at the eastern area competition on June 15.
It is not long until our next big event of the year, the 70th anniversary ball, we are all looking forward to this event to top off the fantastic show we have just had.
We have a wonderful evening of events planned for the night; let’s pray for lovely weather to top the event off.
We have our county AGM coming up in June where clubs and members will be presented with trophies to cover all different areas, from the club with the most competition points to the best senior member of the year. All those who put that extra effort into the club will be rewarded and recognised.
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 6 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 7 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 8 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 9 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich players performed in their 2-0 Wimbledon win
We hope everyone who came along to the show enjoyed the day, we as an organisation rely completely on our members to set up such an event, with Mary and Jackie in the office, and the kind time and effort put in by our members and the every ending support from our subscribers and committee, without all of them the show would not be such a success.
If you enjoyed the show then I would like to take this opportunity to remind you all that you don’t have to be a farmer to be a young farmer, so please do have a look on our website, see where your local club is and come along and meet us all, the good thing about young farmers is you can be as involved as you want to be. Also if anybody is interested in finding out about our subscriber scheme then please do contact us for more information, you will keep up to date with clubs activities and receive the bi-monthly magazine as well as show tickets for 2014 show.
Upcoming events we have Halstead club participating in a charity bike ride in aid of Farm Crisis Network , a cricket competition, eastern area summer competitions day on June 15 including competitions such as fence erecting, tug of war and ladies rounders.
Contact us on: www.essexyoungfarmers.com, email@example.com or 01245 360442