EU funding successes celebrations
A CELEBRATION of success stories to emerge from European funding in the east of England is set to take place this year.Hundreds of businesses, projects and individuals that have benefited from more than £340million of European funding are being offered the chance to celebrate their success by competing for a top regional award.
A CELEBRATION of success stories to emerge from European funding in the east of England is set to take place this year.
Hundreds of businesses, projects and individuals that have benefited from more than £340million of European funding are being offered the chance to celebrate their success by competing for a top regional award.
Suffolk and Essex beneficiaries of the aid are being asked to put their business, project or themselves forward for the awards, which mark the conclusion of seven years of funding for projects across the region.
The ceremony is being organised by the Government Office for the East of England (Go East), the East of England Development Agency and the East of England Regional Assembly.
The awards are open to any organisation, project or individual that has benefited form European Structural Funds since 2000. There are 11 categories covering the wider objectives and themes of European funding in the region, such as environmental sustainability and equal opportunities.
There will also be two special 'Pride of Structural Funds' awards for the person and project that best illustrates what the funding has enabled the east of England to achieve.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 4 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 5 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 6 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 7 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 8 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 9 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 10 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
The closing date for entries is August 29, and winners will be announced at a lunchtime awards ceremony on October 5 at The Maltings in Ely.
In each category, four entries will be shortlisted and a panel of judges made up of representatives from EEDA, EERA, Go East, the media and regional business community will decide on the winners.
For a Celebrate Awards entry form, go to www.eeda.org.uk or www.goeast.gov.uk.