EU funding successes celebrations
A CELEBRATION of success stories to emerge from European funding in the east of England is set to take place this year.Hundreds of businesses, projects and individuals that have benefited from more than £340million of European funding are being offered the chance to celebrate their success by competing for a top regional award.
A CELEBRATION of success stories to emerge from European funding in the east of England is set to take place this year.
Hundreds of businesses, projects and individuals that have benefited from more than £340million of European funding are being offered the chance to celebrate their success by competing for a top regional award.
Suffolk and Essex beneficiaries of the aid are being asked to put their business, project or themselves forward for the awards, which mark the conclusion of seven years of funding for projects across the region.
The ceremony is being organised by the Government Office for the East of England (Go East), the East of England Development Agency and the East of England Regional Assembly.
You may also want to watch:
The awards are open to any organisation, project or individual that has benefited form European Structural Funds since 2000. There are 11 categories covering the wider objectives and themes of European funding in the region, such as environmental sustainability and equal opportunities.
There will also be two special 'Pride of Structural Funds' awards for the person and project that best illustrates what the funding has enabled the east of England to achieve.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
The closing date for entries is August 29, and winners will be announced at a lunchtime awards ceremony on October 5 at The Maltings in Ely.
In each category, four entries will be shortlisted and a panel of judges made up of representatives from EEDA, EERA, Go East, the media and regional business community will decide on the winners.
For a Celebrate Awards entry form, go to www.eeda.org.uk or www.goeast.gov.uk.