Ex-Greene King man Steve Magnall named as new chief executive of St Peter’s Brewery
- Credit: Archant
A former deputy managing director of Greene King’s brewing and brands division has returned to Suffolk as chief executive of St Peter’s Brewery.
Steve Magnall, who left Bury St Edmunds-based Greene King in 2012, has taken over the helm at St Peter’s from Colin Cordy, who is retiring.
For the past three years, Mr Magnall has been managing director of the Thwaites Beer Company in Lancashire, which was recently sold to Marstons for £25million.
Before that, he spent around nine years with Greene King, initially as operations director of its Bury-based brewing business before becoming deputy managing director when the group’s Bury and Dunbar brewing operations were merged under a single mangement.
Mr Magnall said: “I am greatly looking forward to developing the St Peter’s brand even further through both its beer and retail formats.
You may also want to watch:
“Without question, St Peter’s is a fantastic brand which produces a range of award winning beers, whether gluten free, organic, golden, ruby red or any of the others in the range.”
John Murphy, chairman of St Peter’s Brewery, which is based at St Peter South Elmham, near Bungay, said: “I and the rest of the team are delighted to welcome Steve.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 8 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
He added: “His record is impressive and his knowledge of our industry is unmatched. He is brimming with ideas and, after more than 20 years of business, his vigour and enthusiasm is just what we need.
“We are very excited to see where he will take the business.”