Excitement builds ahead of this year’s ‘fantastic’ Suffolk Show
- Credit: Suffolk Agricultural Association
Excitement is building ahead of this year’s Suffolk Show, with organisers predicting a ‘fantastic’ event.
On-site preparations are continuing ahead of the show, which takes place on Wednesday, May 30, and Thursday, May 31, at Trinity Park, Ipswich. And with just days to go, visitors are being urged to download the new Suffolk Show 2018 App and start planning their action-packed day out.
This year’s show includes thousands of fun attractions, free activities and unique shopping experiences for the whole family. The Bolddog Lings motorbike stunt team are not to be missed in the Grand Ring, while critically-endangered Suffolk Punch horses will be star of the show with a new Heavy Horse area.
Display areas offering fun and free activities and interesting opportunities to learn more about farming and agriculture in the county include the ‘100 years looking back’ area, where visitors can explore Suffolk’s history in commemoration of 100 years since the end of World War One.
The popular Suffolk Skills Zone enables visitors to have a go at hairdressing, engineering, carpentry and flint knapping among other skills, or there’s the Sports Plus and Military Zone areas with free, interactive sports, games and activities.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s show boasts a bigger than ever Food Hall with a feast of flavours from local, artisan producers. The new and improved Flower and Garden Show, and popular Lifestyle Pavilion, will be offering inspiration for homes and gardens, and the pink-carpeted Fifth Avenue offers not-on-the-high-street fashion, jewellery and accessories from this Suffolk’s rising fashion stars.
Show director Bee Kemball said: “We are incredibly excited to open the gates and welcome visitors to this year’s fantastic Suffolk Show. The team and I, alongside hundreds of volunteers, have been planning and organising the event for the past 12 months so it’s amazing to see how it’s all come together now we’re only a few days away. I hope many people from across the county and further afield will join us for Suffolk’s biggest family day out.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
The free show app, which includes a site map, tradestand information, an activity trail, is available from Google Play and the Apple App Store. Adult tickets cost £25 in advance (until midnight on May 29) or £28 on the gate. Visit www.suffolkshow.co.uk or call 01473 707117.
Come and see us at the EADT when you’re at this year’s show and get a free cup of tea.