‘Exciting times ahead’ for Best Western Ipswich Hotel following £500,000 refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The Ipswich Hotel at Copdock has been accepted as a member of the Best Western collection of independently owned and managed hotels.
The hotel, previously known as the Cameo Hotel, was acquired by Mildenhall-based Cameron Ventures Group last summer and over the past three months has refurbished three quarters of its bedrooms as part of an initial £500,000 capital investment programme.
Rameth Kurdi, general manager at the Ipswich Hotel, said: “There are exciting times ahead now as we are repositioning the hotel as a quality four-star property in our marketplace which will be enhanced by us joining the Best Western Hotels & Resorts brand.”
The Ipswich Hotel claims to have the largest banquet suite attached to a hotel in Suffolk, with capacity for up to 500 guests.
It also recently secured a three-year deal to host the Anglia Business Exhibition, which takes place this year on Wednesday, May 10, with more than 150 exhibitors and 2,000 visitors expected to attend.
The hotel has also launched a year of fundrasing for the Papworth Trust disability charity, including a charity ball taking place on Saturday, May 20.
Cameron Ventures Group also owns the Priory Hotel in Bury St Edmunds and Brome Grange, near Eye, which are also members of Best Western. The group also includes a hotel management business, marquee hire company First Choice Marquees and a property management and development company, Cameron Developments.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 3 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 4 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 5 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 6 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 7 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 8 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 9 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 10 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
Best Western GB represents more than 250 hotels around the UK including five others in Suffolk: the Brook Hotel, Felixstowe, the Claydon Hotel, near Ipswich, the Gatehouse Hotel, Ipswich, the Hatfield Hotel, Lowestoft, and Heath Court Hotel, Newmarket.