‘Exciting times ahead’ for Best Western Ipswich Hotel following £500,000 refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The Ipswich Hotel at Copdock has been accepted as a member of the Best Western collection of independently owned and managed hotels.
The hotel, previously known as the Cameo Hotel, was acquired by Mildenhall-based Cameron Ventures Group last summer and over the past three months has refurbished three quarters of its bedrooms as part of an initial £500,000 capital investment programme.
Rameth Kurdi, general manager at the Ipswich Hotel, said: “There are exciting times ahead now as we are repositioning the hotel as a quality four-star property in our marketplace which will be enhanced by us joining the Best Western Hotels & Resorts brand.”
The Ipswich Hotel claims to have the largest banquet suite attached to a hotel in Suffolk, with capacity for up to 500 guests.
It also recently secured a three-year deal to host the Anglia Business Exhibition, which takes place this year on Wednesday, May 10, with more than 150 exhibitors and 2,000 visitors expected to attend.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel has also launched a year of fundrasing for the Papworth Trust disability charity, including a charity ball taking place on Saturday, May 20.
Cameron Ventures Group also owns the Priory Hotel in Bury St Edmunds and Brome Grange, near Eye, which are also members of Best Western. The group also includes a hotel management business, marquee hire company First Choice Marquees and a property management and development company, Cameron Developments.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 7 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 8 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 10 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
Best Western GB represents more than 250 hotels around the UK including five others in Suffolk: the Brook Hotel, Felixstowe, the Claydon Hotel, near Ipswich, the Gatehouse Hotel, Ipswich, the Hatfield Hotel, Lowestoft, and Heath Court Hotel, Newmarket.