Eye: Renewables firm Mosscliff urges farmers to buy British-made renewables products and services
A SUFFOLK renewables firm is urging farmers to buy British as it launches a new partnership.
Mosscliff Environmental Ltd, which is based at Horham Airfield, near Eye, has teamed up with solar panel manufacturer Romag, to make and install ground mount solar PV systems across East Anglia and the rest of the UK.
The firm’s aim is to offer farmers and landowners who are seeking renewable energy systems UK-made goods and engineering expertise.
Although the UK has significant wind, wave and solar resources, there are few examples of British based manufacturing which takes advantage of these opportunities, Mosscliff says, but it is hoping to change this trend through the new partnership.
Romag, an established glass manufacturing company based in County Durham, is a leading British-owned and based manufacturer of PV panels.
You may also want to watch:
Mosscliff director David Wyllie said: “We’re confident that this partnership will create and sustain as many as 20 skilled manufacturing and engineering jobs in the region, whilst also contributing to significantly more UK manufacturing jobs through Romag’s factories in Durham.
“We’ve worked with many suppliers during our eight years in the renewable energy business in the UK, and we have been very impressed with the level of manufacturing and engineering quality achieved by Romag – even surpassing premium German goods in an exceptionally competitive market place.”
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 10 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
Mosscliff has been testing its own ground mount systems, manufactured at Horham, over the past couple of years, and some recent high profile East Anglia based installations include James Foskett’s Farms near Woodbridge.
“Our recent installation alongside James Foskett Farms provides an excellent showcase not only for our products, but also the application of renewable energy systems,” said Mr Wyllie.
“As a high user of electricity James Foskett approached us for help to deal with increasing energy bills and pressure from his suppliers to be purchasing resources more sustainably, James required a solution that met his needs.”
The 250kWp array will save as much as 5,000 tonnes of carbon over its lifetime of 25 years, equivalent to around 4,500,000 electrical units.