Mew owners for paving company
- Credit: Global Stone
Colchester-based Kent Blaxill has sold its subsidiary company, Global Stone (Colchester) to its key supplier, Shree Agencies of India.
Global Stone was established as a wholesaler of natural stone paving 16 years ago to supply the domestic paving market.
From the outset, Global Stone has had a very strong relationship with Shree, which has underpinned the company’s growth.
Global Stone has developed a wide choice of quality porcelain tiles for the exterior paving market.
Julian Wood, managing director, who has been with the company from its inception. Clare Morgan, commercial director, and Sara Cullis, marketing director, lead a strong team who are all moving with the sale.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Blaxill, managing director of Kent Blaxill said: “There is a very strong logic in the sale to Shree Agencies for both parties. Kent Blaxill is very proud to have developed a niche and profitable business with a very good reputation in the stone domestic market, but choices have to be made and Kent Blaxill has ambitious plans to further develop its decorative paint and builders’ merchant businesses across the East of England.”
The purchase by Shree Agencies, a natural stone supplier, brings with it increased investment to take the business to another level.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
Simon Blaxill added: “All staff are transferring and the expectation is that staff numbers will increase further with the expected investment. Global Stone has just recently taken on extra sales staff to back up the growth intentions so exciting times ahead for Global Stone and we wish them continued success.”
Harsh Kalani, managing director of Shree, said: “We are excited about working with the Global Stone team with closer synergies and new opportunities. Our relationship with Global Stone has given us a great insight in the UK and a closer association will enable us to combine our company expertise to bring yet more ideas and products to market.”