Farmers asked to donate hay bales to charity event
- Credit: citizenside.com
A hospital charity is seeking a donation of hay bales for its flagship fundraising event.
It’s a Bury Knockout and family fun day will be held on Sunday, July 26, at Hardwick Heath in aid of West Suffolk Hospital Charity.
Organisers are appealing for farmers to donate hay bales to provide a seating area to watch local demonstrations and enjoy the array of food and drink on offer.
Fundraising manager Dave Gooderham said: “It’s a Bury Knockout 2015 is shaping up to be our best one yet.
“This is our fourth year of holding the Knockout and providing a real fun day for the whole family. This year will be extra special as we are expecting to break the £30,000 mark of money raised since it started in 2012. Every penny raised goes to supporting patients and their families.
“If there are any farmers out there who can support our big day with the donation of hay bales, it would be really appreciated.”
In addition to more than a dozen Knockout teams, there will also be a funfair, archery, laser tag and stalls.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 3 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 4 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 5 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 6 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 7 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 8 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 9 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 10 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
Anyone who can help should contact the fundraising team on 01284 712952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.