Felixstowe-based Imorex Shipping Services acquired by Harrison C White
- Credit: Archant
Felixstowe-based Imorex Shipping Services has been acquired by logistics and supply chain group Harrison C White, which also has its headquarters in the town.
Imorex, which was establshed in 1973, provides global forwarding, customs brokerage and UK and Ireland distribution services and is a leading specialist in car packing, regularly handling the transportation of rare and high-value cars to and from destinations worldwide
Founder and now former owner Alan Nunn will remain with the business as non-executive chairman, with David Ablitt continuing to drive the business on a day-to-day basis as managing director.
Carl Day, chief executive of Harrison C White, said: “This is an exciting development for us.
“Acquiring such a long established and well respected company with the pedigree of Imorex will complement other companies in our group and provide us with excellent opportunities for continued growth.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The existing strong management combined with the professional and dedicated staff are the true asset of the business and with our help and future investments, we hope to grow the usiness, to becoming one of the flagships of our group of companies.”
Mr Nunn said: ”Imorex have built an enviable reputation in the warehousing, transport and freight business over the 43 years of our existence and I am delighted that we are now becoming part of a very dynamic group with wide ranging services in different markets to our own.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
“The expertise and contacts which the Harrison C White group of companies brings will enable Imorex to further develop and expand into some new areas aligned to our existing trades. All of the existing staff will remain and they are all very excited by the prospects for the future.”
The value of the transaction has not been disclosed.
Other Harrison C White companies include Procurus, Procurus Europa, Procurus USA and Universus Logistics, each specialising in specific aspects of supply chain requirements.
The group has annual turnover of around £55m and operates from offices in Scotland, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Russia and the Unites States in addition to its Suffolk HQ.