Felixstowe-based Pier PR & Marketing goes the extra mile for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
The team at Suffolk PR agency Pier PR & Marketing has walked more than 2m steps for Cancer Research UK’s Walk All Over Cancer campaign, raising £290.
Walk All Over Cancer encouraged fundraisers to walk 10,000 steps every day during March, and this inspired the Pier team to challenge themselves to walk a total of 50,000 steps, or about 30 miles a day.
Undeterred by British weather, the team smashed their target, clocking up a grand total of 2,022,559steps – the equivalent of walking from Pier’s office in Felixstowe to Madrid in Spain and beyond.
The team racked up steps wherever possible, from walking to get lunch rather than driving to taking evening and weekend walks with friends and family.
Managing director Kate Bowden Smith said: “We have all been motivated to get up from behind our desks and move as much as possible, especially enjoying lunchtime walks along the beach. Of course, at times we have been especially busy with work, so some team members even took to walking around Pier’s office corridors to up their step count!”
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank everyone that sponsored Pier. We really appreciate all of the support we have received over the past month.”
Donations for Cancer Research UK are still being collected. To sponsor the Pier team, visit https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/pier-marketing.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!