Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- Credit: Diamond Mills
A beach hut in Felixstowe has gone on sale for a record price in the town.
The hut, known as number 185, is being sold by Felixstowe estate agents Diamond Mills for £65,000.
It measures 7ft 10in x 7ft and includes two built-in cupboards and a bench.
As well as this, the beach hut includes its own electricity supply.
This supply of electricity, as well as the beach hut's close proximity to the Fludyers Hotel, mean its price is higher than others currently on the market.
You may also want to watch:
"It's very rare to have electricity," said Charlie Papworth, from Diamond Mills.
"We don't find it a lot."
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
Mr Papworth said that prices for beach huts had been rising in recent years, largely driven by the pandemic and the amount of people deciding to holiday at home.
Asked whether prices were likely to keep going up, Mr Papworth said it was unlikely.
"I think it's probably hit its peak," said Mr Papworth.