Felixstowe/Ipswich: Connect Auditel consultants save shipping firm MSC �35,000
A FELIXSTOWE-based consultancy has helped a leading shipping company save more than �35,000 on its utility bills.
Connect Consultancy, which is part of the Auditel network, was approached by the Ipswich-based Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) in March last year to review its electricity spend on a no-win no fee basis.
MSC has two office buildings in Ipswich and a warehouse, as well as being involved in container operations across the UK, and was keen to ensure that its expenditure on heating and lighting was as cost-effective as possible.
The work included checking for billing errors and other anomalies, and managing the renewal of MSC’s electricity contract.
During the first year, consultants Paul Copsey and Stephen Heathcock were able to identify and deliver an annual saving of 13%, equivalent to �19,000, on MSC’s standard commercial half-hourly (HH) metered supply.
Further savings totalling �15,800 have been achieved in year two, including a 21% reduction in the non-HH supply, worth �3,800, and a further 6% saving, worth �12,000 a year, through a renegotiated HH rate.
In addition, they have achieved a 9% saving, worth �390 a year, on MSC’s water bills.
- 1 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 2 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 3 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 5 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman from west Suffolk found safe
- 7 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
- 8 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 9 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 10 Woman in her 70s dies after serious crash in Hadleigh
Lisa Barker, who joined MSC as property and facilities manager in 2009, said: “I manage most of our facilities costs myself, but it was agreed that an independent energy expert could be useful in assisting us with the management of our electricity costs.
“My previous experience of Auditel had been very positive and I knew them to be trustworthy, to do what they said they would do and to make my job easier.”
Besides energy and telecommunications projects, Paul Copsey’s consultancy work also includes customer service and client operational matters. Stephen Heathcock specialises in telecoms and data analysis as well as energy projects.