Felixstowe: Port welcomes new Americas Europe Express transatlantic service
A NEW transatlantic service has begun linking the Port of Felixstowe and other northern European ports with the United States and Panama.
The weekly Americas Europe Express (AEE) service, operated by New World Alliance Lines, offers a westbound transit time of just eight days between Felixstowe and New York, and complements two existing weekly Alliance services which already call at Felxistowe.
The full AEE rotation is: Manzanillo (Panama), Charleston (US), New York, Rotterdam (Netherlands), Bremerhaven (Germany), Felixstowe (UK), New York, Charleston, and Manzanillo.
David Gledhill, chief executive of Hutchison Ports (UK) Ltd, which owns the Port of Felixstowe, said: “This new service is a great addition to those already calling at the Port of Felixstowe and further cements our position as the UK port of choice.”
“We are pleased to be able to offer our customers easy access to the most comprehensive transport infrastructure in the country whether via road, rail or coastal feeder. ”
You may also want to watch:
Alliance, which consists of APL, Hyundai Merchant Marine and Mitsui OSK Lines, has deployed high-reefer-capacity ships on the new service with an average effective capacity of 3,200teu.
APL will supply three of the vessels deployed whilst HMM and MOL will contribute one each. As with the Alliance’s APX service that already calls at the Port of Felixstowe, Maersk Line will take slots. For Hyundai it marks a return to the Port of Felixstowe as a vessel operator.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 6 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 7 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 8 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 9 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village