Felixstowe: Success at Global Freight Awards for Pentalver partnership
LOGISTICS provider Pentalver, together with with Autohub New Zealand and JEVIC, has won the Supply Chain Partnership category at this year’s Global Freight Awards.
The partners launched the UK’s first Vehicle Pre-Clearance Facility, based in Felixstowe, to capitalise on the growing export market for second-hand cars.
Pentalver, an inland services company and part of APM Terminals, global vehicle logistics specialist Autohub New Zealand, and international inspection company JEVIC, launched the facility in July 2012, offering a “drop-off” one-stop service and fixed price guarantees.
The facility pre-clears used vehicles destined for New Zealand, and also caters for other export markets, handling Road Worthiness Inspections to allow exportation to some East African countries as well as opening up other potential markets.
Pentalver managing director Chris Lawrenson said: “I am delighted that our commitment to providing tailored, effective solutions for our clients has been recognised by this prestigious award.
You may also want to watch:
“There was strong competition for the award with several high-profile companies making the shortlist and so we are extremely proud to have won.”
- 1 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week