Final call to book conference places
ORGANISERS of a conference on social entrepreneurship, taking place in Suffolk next week, have issued a final call for delegates to register for the event.
The conference, entitled “The Social Entrepreneur – Social Enterprise Explained”, is being organised by final-year students on the BA event management course at University Campus Suffolk.
Speakers at the conference, at Trinity Park, Ipswich, on Tuesday, January 25, will include Lee McQueen, winner of the 2008 series of TV’s The Apprentice, and Celia Hodson, project director of the Eastern Enterprise Hub, which is based at UCS and includes the School for Social Entrepreneurs Suffolk.
It is the fifth in a series of annual conferences run by students on the UCS course, with this year’s theme having been chosen to reflect the potential of social enterprise in the response to cuts in local authority spending. However, the programme has been designed to have wide appeal across the business community as well as for existing not-for-profit organisations and would-be social entrepreneurs.
The main conference will run from 10.30am until 2pm, and will include speakers covering the areas of entrepreneurship, social enterprise, social media and sustainability.
It will be followed by a series of practical workshop sessions and an opportunity to visit the stands of exhibitors supporting the event.
Lee McQueen said: “I am excited to be involved with the conference and looking forward to sharing my inspiration and experiences with the delegates”.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
Sponsors of the event include White Space Design, Business Link, Archant Suffolk, Trinity Park Events and Nexus AV.
Places cost �8.33 plus VAT. To book, call 0845 601 1000.