Firm looks west as three join its team
A Framlingham-based land agent has expanded its agricultural team into west Suffolk.
Clarke & Simpson, which employs around 50 staff, said it decided on the move after it was approached by three professionals based in the west of the county who wanted to join the team.
Partner Christopher Clarke said: “We were delighted to take them on. It has been a very unexpected opportunity. They approached us, and wanted to join us, and we are delighted they are joining our agricultural team.”
The arrival of Eleanor Havers, James Baker and Sarah Bullard will strengthen the firm’s agricultural department.
Although they will be based at the Framlingham headquarters for now, the firm is hoping to set up a satellite office between Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket for them.
You may also want to watch:
Eleanor is a chartered surveyor and agricultural valuer. She studied rural surveying at Aberdeen University and qualified in 2007 while working on an estate in East Lothian. Most recently she worked for Lacy Scott & Knight, based in its Bury St Edmunds office within a tight-knit team led by Rowland Beaney.
James is also a chartered surveyor, qualifying in 2011 while working for Whirledge & Nott in north Essex. He studied at Writtle College, and attended the College of Estate Management in Reading. After moving to Norfolk, he worked for Lacy Scott & Knight at its Stowmarket office.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
Sarah was a loyal and dedicated secretary to well-regarded chartered surveyor Rowland Beaney at Lacy Scott & Knight for more than 15 years until his untimely death in December last year.