Firm’s drains ambition no longer a pipedream
- Credit: Archant
A drain cleaning products company celebrating its 25th anniversary is marking the milestone with new branding.
Hadleigh-based Challs, maker of Buster, has revealed a brand new corporate identity and website in support of its growing worldwide presence.
Challs was founded by managing director Graham Burchell, who is still at the helm.
He quickly established the Buster brand, a range of plughole care products.
The brand has gone from strength to strength, positioning itself as number one in the plughole care market, achieving growth of 50% and driving category growth of 14% in 2014. Other brands in the Challs portfolio include market-leading Bin Buddy, Knaus, Max and Ice Clear.
You may also want to watch:
Investing heavily in design and with real innovation at the forefront of all product development, Challs has successfully driven the Buster brand to global brand status, now on shelf around the world, including the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark and Ireland. More recently the brand has gone on shelf in Singapore. The firm now employs 50 staff, all based at the Lady Lane Industrial Estate.
The business is a multi-generational employer with an emphasis on family values at its core.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Plans are in place to construct a new, modern corporate headquarters to be built on the site of the former Challs office in Hadleigh, which was destroyed in a blaze. The build is scheduled to commence in the latter half of 2015 and will complete in late 2016.
“There are many factors which have contributed to our success, underlying them is our unwavering commitment to create new and innovative products, that really do change the way we clean. We invest heavily in product design, which to date has earned us two prestigious DBA awards, and this year will also see a record investment in TV advertising for our Buster brand.” said Graham.
“We have a solid longstanding team committed to the business, some of which have been with Challs for over 20 years. We are enjoying continued success overseas with our brands appearing on shelf across four continents and have plans to expand further into the Asian and American markets.”
To commemorate the company’s 25th anniversary, Challs has released a new celebratory logo which will be used in conjunction with the new company logo throughout the year. It will also host a number of company, supplier and staff events.