Dodgy fish sellers causing a stink in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Rogue door-to-door fish sellers have been reported calling at properties in towns and villages across Suffolk.
Suffolk Trading Standards warned householders not to be reeled in by offers.
A spokesman said: "We have received a report of fish sellers calling at properties across Suffolk, including Otley, Needham Market, Mendlesham Green, and Stonham Parva.
"If you are approached, please do not deal with them, and report to us via 03454 040506.
"These traders travel nationally, cold calling consumers' homes, selling the fish.
You may also want to watch:
"This is often misdescribed, mislabelled or unlabelled, overpriced and sometimes underweight.
"They usually use Transit-style vans, which are not refrigerated. Our advice is not to purchase."
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
For advice, or to report an individual or company to Trading Standards, call the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.