Five star rating success for Woodfarm Barns holiday lets at Stonham Aspal
- Credit: Archant
A collection of luxury holiday lets in Suffolk is celebrating after chalking up its first 100 reviews on the TripAdvisor website – with each customer awarding it a maximum five-star rating.
Woodfarm Barns at Stonham Aspal, near Stowmarket, offers six rental units based on traditional Suffolk barns, which are aimed at couples, plus a farmhouse with four bedrooms which can sleep up to seven people.
Features vary from property to property but include oak beams, log burners, hot tubs and a mix of antique and modern furniture, with the buildings situated alongside meadowland, trees and a fishpond, and each having its own private garden.
Carl Scott, who launched the venture three years ago, says the location is ideal for walking and cycling, with dogs not just accepted but welcomed.
He said: “I’m over the moon at the positive response from our guests and with 130 five star reviews now, along with some incredible feedback, it’s so satisfying to know that I’m doing something right.
“I have worked hard to get this reputation and level of business, the net result of which saw us having 20% of our 2015 business as repeat bookings.”
He added: “The success of the business, along with the very tangible TripAdvisor ratings, is great new for Suffolk tourism.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 5 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 6 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 7 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 8 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 9 Burns signs new deal after stunning debut season at Town
- 10 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
“The coast – quite rightly – gets a lot of publicity so I’m really pleased to be able to achieve some positivity for Mid Suffolk.
“What I ‘sell’ is the fact that it is unspoilt and rural, and we have such beautiful countryside around us, wildlife and the peace and tranquility that so many people are after.”