‘Flippie’ to combine work and play for social media users
A social media start-up which aims to rival the likes of Facebook and LinkedIn says it has won a significant investment ahead of its autumn launch.
Entrepreneur Kieran Roper has secured the cash to help design, build and market Flippie, which already has thousands of people signed up.
The 30-year-old, from Westerfield, near Ipswich, and dubbed as Suffolk’s answer to Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg, will unveil the platform during University Fresher’s Weeks across the country.
However, he believes other social groups will also be keen to get on board.
“Flippie allows users to seamlessly flip between two online profiles – a work and a play mode – on a single screen,” he said. “It’s a bit like having all the best bits of existing social media sites in one place.”
You may also want to watch:
The system will have the capability to store unlimited images and videos like Instagram, display status updates and share information like Facebook and allow for real-time interaction like Twitter and Snapchat.
Kieran was given funding by the Princes Trust for a golf caddy invention when he was 18. The best thing about Flippie is its ability to separate work and play, he says.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021