Look around ‘mini estate all of your own’ for sale near Sudbury
- Credit: PETER LAMBERT
A six bedroom moated manor house near Sudbury has come on to the market valued at over £1,500,000.
Ford Hall, on Bridge Street in Long Melford, is a Grade II listed property believed to date from the 16th or 17th century.
The timber framed house has a ‘jettied’ upper storey and a cross wing at the west end. It was extended in 2000.
Inside it has been extensively refurbished but retains numerous original features, such as inglenook fire places, leaded windows and beams.
It has six bedrooms and two bathrooms.
You may also want to watch:
The property sits in five and a half acres. It is approached down an avenue of lime trees.
There is a swimming pool with an automatic cover, a triple bay pool house and a tennis court.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
There are a range of outbuildings including a large timber framed barn, an office and five stables. There is also a self-contained cart lodge.
Mark Oliver, a property agent from Savills Ipswich, said: “Ford Hall is an immaculate Grade II listed moated manor house in a highly picturesque setting with a wealth of original features including leaded light windows, close stud work, beams and a wide inglenook open fireplace.
“The property has been extensively refurbished to provide superbly presented accommodation and was sympathetically and cleverly extended in 2000 – with the juxtaposition between the period and modern beautifully balanced throughout.
“The addition of the Coach House annexe and leisure facilities also makes it feel like you are within a mini estate all of your own, providing plenty of privacy.”
The property is on the market with Savills. It has a guide price of £1.6m.