Victorian Suffolk chapel for conversion
- Credit: Archant
Cheffins’ first property auction of 2019 will see 20 regional lots offered on Wednesday March 13 at the firm’s salerooms in Cambridge. The auction will include a selection of unconverted barns, residential opportunities and woodland.
Among the most interesting lots is the former Methodist Chapel in Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds.
It dates back to 1872 and now offers scope for conversion for various uses.
It has a guide price of £30,000 to £40,000.
It could make an attractive village home, with some imagination and conversion expertise.
The chapel is built of brick and slate and sits centrally within its small plot, next to the road, with hedge and fence boundaries.
Meanwhile, in Ipswich, there is a modern office building for sale, which comes with planning permission for conversion into six separate two bedroom flats.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 8 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Suffolk market town will lose its Post Office in June
Friars Courtyard is opposite the famous black glass listed Wills building in Princes Street, in Ipswich town centre.
The auction lot has a guide price of £325,000.
In Great Yeldham, Essex there is a Grade II listed barn, from the 17th Century, set in four acres, which has had planning permission for commercial use but could also be used to create a large home instead, subject to approval.
It has sweeping views of the Essex countryside.
There is also a range of block and timber barns at Hoxne, Suffolk, that have been formerly had agricultural use, with a guide price of £200,000 to £250,000
The catalogue is available to view online.
For more information go to: www.cheffins.co.uk or telephone 01223 213343.