Former Suffolk County Council home is sold from a guide price of £1m.
- Credit: Archant
New owners for residential care home Ixworth Court, Ixworth.
A residential care home in the Suffolk village of Ixworth has been sold for continued care home use to Leaf Care Group Ltd, who are an established, professional care provider.
The sale of the 36-bedroom, 16,430 sq ft Ixworth Court Care Home is the latest in a number of transactions in which Barker Storey Matthews is acting on behalf of Suffolk County Council in the local authority’s planned property disposals programme. Other properties on which Barker Storey Matthews is acting include sites in Stowmarket and Haverhill.
Ixworth Court – which is set to undergo extensive refurbishment by its new owners - was marketed for sale with a guide price of £1m, which Barker Storey Matthews confirms, although the final price for the sale remains client confidential.
Steven Mudd of Barker Storey Matthews in Bury St Edmunds, said, “Ixworth has a range of village amenities including a GP practice, village store, cafe and restaurant and a hair salon. Ixworth Court is within walking distance of the high street.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s an attractive village along the A143 so it has good road access to Bury St Edmunds and Diss. For these reasons, Ixworth Court is ideal for continued use as a residential care home by its new owners.”
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 8 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week