Foxearth: Brook Hall Estate estate for sale, with price tag above �13m
AN all-round farming estate on the Essex-Suffolk border near Sudbury is being marketed through Savills, with offers invited for the whole in excess of �13million.
The Brook Hall Estate at Foxearth extends to 1,441.88 acres and is being offered for sale in up to eight lots.
It includes a recently refurbished six-bedroom farmhouse, traditional outbuildings which have also been renovated, landscaped gardens and extensive recent tree planting to enhance the conservation and sporting potential of the small family shoot.
The farmland, classified as grade 2, lies predominantly within a ring fence and is farmed under a Contract Farming Agreement with cropping predominantly of cereals, oilseed rape and sugar beet.
There is an extensive range of modern farm buildings, including 3,250 tonnes of grain storage and a new continuous flow dryer.
You may also want to watch:
In addition there is about 95 acres of pasture land and nearly 10 acres of parkland.
The hall, set in the heart of the estate, features oak panelling and flooring, stone fireplaces, and exposed timber beams while incorporating modern luxuries such as under floor heating.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
The terrace garden is a Chelsea Flower Show silver award winning design of Thomas Hoblyn.
In addition to the hall, located just off the main farmyard there is a detached four-bedroom farmhouse currently occupied by the estate manager and a three-bedroom bungalow let on an assured shorthold agreement.
Tim Cooper of Savills’ Chelmsford office said: “Recent transactions in Essex and Suffolk demonstrate continuing demand for good quality arable farmland and indicate the best land can achieve prices of over �9,000 per acre.”