Framlingham: M2FX lands �3m investment to boost growth
A FIRM which makes flexible protection for fibre-optic cable is celebrating after securing a further �3million to help boost its growth.
Framlingham-based M2FX, which makes Miniflex, now has a total of �7million in investment to help it expand. The company moved into a 2,500 sq m manufacturing plant at Parham earlier this year.
It has enjoyed remarkable growth, and its blue-chip customers now include communications giants BT and AT&T and car makers Audi.
The new investment was led by Linnaeus Capital Partner BV.
“This represents a great vote of confidence in the long-term potential of our company,” said M2FX chief financial officer Joe Byrne.
You may also want to watch:
“We are the fastest growing organisation in our market category and we will now be able to invest even more heavily in our world class manufacturing capability and add extra speed to our growth.”
Chief executive Tom Carpenter said the investment the firm had just secured was an “affirmation” of the technology underlying its fibre optic solutions and recognition of the significant opportunities available to the business.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
“Our Miniflex solution offers the lightest, smallest multi-fibre armoured cable on the market today,” he said. “With tier 1 customers and market leading solutions for FTTX, Telecoms, Data Centres and Transport, M2FX is becoming a key cog in the delivery of our high bandwidth digital future.”
The Miniflex system enables fibre-optic cable to be connected more easily, and without the need for splicing, a time-consuming process.