Framlingham: Voucher scheme launched to boost business
- Credit: Archant
A HISTORIC Suffolk market town is encouraging people to “shop local” with the launch of a discount voucher scheme.
Businesses in Framlingham are invited to sign up to the initiative, which is hoped will boost footfall in and around Market Hill and neighbouring roads.
A number of shops are already on board with the scheme, which was the idea of the town council and has the backing of the local business association.
Clerk Eileen Coe said: “We are hoping people will sign up and take advantage. It is a great way to save money and at the same time support your local shops.
“It is completely free, all you have to do is log on to our website and follow the appropriate link. The vouchers can then be printed off and used.
You may also want to watch:
“Businesses can also add vouchers themselves quite easily. So far the feedback we have received has been very positive.
“Everyone seems very supportive. It’s a great way to raise the profile of our local shops.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
Mrs Coe said they hoped to run special offers throughout the year, including Love Your Market Fortnight, which starts in the middle of May.
The vouchers are updated monthly and can be viewed at www.framlingham.com.