Framlingham: Voucher scheme launched to boost business
- Credit: Archant
A HISTORIC Suffolk market town is encouraging people to “shop local” with the launch of a discount voucher scheme.
Businesses in Framlingham are invited to sign up to the initiative, which is hoped will boost footfall in and around Market Hill and neighbouring roads.
A number of shops are already on board with the scheme, which was the idea of the town council and has the backing of the local business association.
Clerk Eileen Coe said: “We are hoping people will sign up and take advantage. It is a great way to save money and at the same time support your local shops.
“It is completely free, all you have to do is log on to our website and follow the appropriate link. The vouchers can then be printed off and used.
“Businesses can also add vouchers themselves quite easily. So far the feedback we have received has been very positive.
“Everyone seems very supportive. It’s a great way to raise the profile of our local shops.”
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 4 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 5 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 6 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 7 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 8 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 9 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
Mrs Coe said they hoped to run special offers throughout the year, including Love Your Market Fortnight, which starts in the middle of May.
The vouchers are updated monthly and can be viewed at www.framlingham.com.