Premium Suffolk chicken producer secures bigger contract with retail chain
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk premium chicken producer has secured a new listing with the East of England Co-op.
Sutton Hoo Chicken will now be supplying its Cumberland Sausages, Cumberland Burgers, Chilli & Paprika Sausages, Garlic & Herb Spatchcock, Pesto Spatchcock and Chicken Wings to the chain’s Woodbridge and Framlingham branches.
The free-range business, started in 1994, is based near Woodbridge and specialises in slow-reared birds.
“We are delighted to be supplying more Co-Op stores locally and create a larger distribution throughout East Anglia,” said founder Belinda Nash.
“Customers will now be able to enjoy a wider variety of our range.”
You may also want to watch:
Its traditional breed, which are reared at Sutton Hoo, is a slower-growing chicken which matures on average over 10 weeks, or 25% longer than standard chickens. The aim is to give it more flavour and produce birds to the highest standard.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 6 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm