Further expansion for Essex law firm
ESSEX law firm Birkett Law has expanded through an amalgamation with another local partnership.
Seven new members of staff have joined Birkett Long’s Chelmsford office, in Legg Street, having previously been with Weight Wolny and Trusler, which was based in Moulsham Street.
The addition further strengthens Birkett Long’s position in the Essex legal market, following its expansion in Colchester in April last year through the acquisition of local firm Jackson & Partner.
Both of Weight Wolny and Trusler’s partners, Bob Wolny and John Trusler, join the Birkett Long team, with the firm’s total workforce in Chelmsford rising from 40 to 47.
In particular, the deal enhances Birkett Long’s private client services, strengthening its legal expertise in areas such as wills, residential property and family matters. Combined with staff at the Colchester office, Birkett Long’s overall team now numbers 146.
Adrian Livesley, managing partner at Birkett Long, said: “Weight Wolny and Trusler has been established for 30 years and will be an excellent addition to our team.
“As part of a bigger, stronger firm, their clients will benefit from knowing that their legal affairs are in safe and secure hands. Birkett Long has successfully negotiated the difficult economic conditions and we feel very positive about the year ahead.”
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 6 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 7 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 Man who punched ex-partner in face appeared 'unusually angry'
Bob Wolny said that the time was right to merge with a larger, local firm. “As we experience the green shoots of economic recovery, we wanted to be in a strong position to face the future with confidence and continue delivering excellent legal services to our clients in Chelmsford,” he said.
“The decision to merge with Birkett Long is absolutely the right one and we look forward to joining forces.”