Gallery: Sunshine and clear skies make for the best Suffolk Show in years
- Credit: Archant
With temperatures set to hit 18C this afternoon, this year’s Suffolk Show is set to be the warmest of recent years.
And the hot topic is the weather with many describing it is as the best show for years thanks to the glorious sunshine and clear skies.
One-way systems will be in operation over the course of the next two days in a bid to keep traffic moving and avoid congestion, and although roads are busy they are flowing.
Car parking stewards are directing drivers, with seperate filter lanes on arrival for those who have pre-paid the £5 parking charge.
And queues at the gates are lighter than in previous years thanks to a new scanning system which is being used for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Plus the promise of good weather meant more people committed early on and purchased tickets in advance.
By yesterday lunchtime the show team were reporting the largest sale of online tickets in its history, which has resulted in almost non-existent queues at the onsite ticket booths.
For live updates, see our feed here or join us on Twitter using #SuffolkShow
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 10 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs