Genesis PR and University of Suffolk team-up to host #mediadiscovery showcase for creative media careers
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk students are being invited to explore the range of careers available in the creative media sector at an interactive event taking place later this month.
Public relations consultancy Genesis PR has teamed up with the University of Suffolk to stage #mediadiscovery 2017, which will be held at the university’s Waterfront Building in Ipswich and feature a wide range of other employers from in and around the town.
The event, open to students aged 16 and above, is intended for anyone considering a career in sectors such as PR, social or digital media, broadcasting, newspaper publishing, graphic design, photography or film production.
It will feature a variety of hands-on sessions with exhibitors which, besides Genesis PR, will include Archant (publisher of titles included the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star), Trinity Park Events, Yellobelly, Fred. Olsen, Sanctuary Personnel, Summer Isle Films, James Fletcher Photographer, Ginger Nut Media, Simple By Designs and the Public Relations & Communications Association (PRCA).
The event, which aims to build on a successful pilot held in late 2015. will also see the university exhibit its range of degree programmes.
You may also want to watch:
Genesis PR is co-hosting the event as part of its pro-bono community commitment. Emily Rowling, an event management student at the university, has joined the firm on work placement to help plan and organise the event, alongside Genesis PR apprentice Ellie Brown.
Penny Arbuthnot, director at Genesis PR, said: “Here in Suffolk and the wider East of England region, there has been a strong growth in creative employment opportunities, demonstrating that students don’t have to go to the big cities to find success, with Ellie and Emily both shining examples.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
Laura Locke, senior lecturer at the University of Suffolk’s Business School, added: “The #mediadiscovery2017 event offers exciting opportunities for our students at the University of Suffolk and from our partner schools to engage with business and consider the opportunities for their career development.”
#mediadiscovery takes place on Monday, February 27, from 2pm to 4pm. To book a place, visit facebook.com/GenesisPR.