Glemsford/ Sudbury: Entrepreneur launches Ocean Adventure children’s play centre
- Credit: Archant
THREE months ago, Graham Griffiths was selling Ferraris for a living. But the 42-year-old has swapped life in the fast lane for an altogether more family-orientated venture.
This weekend, the entrepreneur from Glemsford launched his new business – Ocean Adventure – a children’s play and educational centre in Sudbury.
Located in Addison Road on the outskirts of town, Ocean Adventure is based on the site of a former indoor play centre the Giggle Factory.
Well-known to young families in the area, the Giggle Factory became run down and eventually closed last year. But Mr Griffiths is convinced with a fresh approach there is a market for a similar business on that side of the town.
“We have cleaned the place up and want to expand the services on offer,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We are still offering a soft play centre but want to combine it with a farm shop-style eating experience, as well as offer a range of educational sessions such as guitar and ukulele lessons, and some science classes aimed at making learning fun.”
Mr Griffiths’s wife Abi, who is a language teacher, will also be taking informal French and Spanish lessons for pre-school age youngsters.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
In fact, the couple have immersed themselves in the world of children of late and recently celebrated the birth of their son James – their fourth child – on December 20.