Golden accolade for revamped hotel
THE recently-refurbished Brudenell Hotel at Aldeburgh has been received a top accolade from national tourism organisation VisitEngland.
The Brudenell, part of the Thorpeness & Aldeburgh Hotels company which was last week named Business of the Year in the EADT’s 2010 Anglian Business Awards, has secured VisitEngland’s Gold Award together with a four-star rating.
This makes the new-look Brudenell, which underwent a major revamp ahead of the current summer season, VisitEngland’s highest-rated hotel in East Anglia. The accolade follows a number of mystery guest inspections, where Quality in Tourism assessors stayed undercover to test the hotel’s standards and facilities.
Grahame Tinnion, operations director, said: “I am delighted and pleasantly surprised that we have been given such an important award so soon after re-opening the Brudenell Hotel.
“All of our team of dedicated and professional staff are thrilled to have their hard work and enthusiasm recognised in this way and we thank them so much for their commitment,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
The VisitEngland Gold Award is given to reflect a very high level of quality, with exceptional levels of comfort and cleanliness in bedrooms and bathrooms as well as outstanding levels of customer care and food.
Pam Foden, VisitEngland’s operations and industry engagement manager, said: “We at VisitEngland are always encouraged by high quality hoteliers making significant improvements to their tourism businesses and we are delighted to grant the Brudenell at Aldeburgh our Four Star Gold Hotel award in recognition of their exceptional standards and the grand results of their recent refurbishment.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
The Brudenell also won the VisitEngland Breakfast Award, a new award recognising hotels and B&Bs that offer their guests a quality and choice of breakfast, service and hospitality that exceeds expections for their star rating.
The AA also recently awarded the Brudenell four stars, and maintained its two rosettes rating for the hotel’s food offer.