Grant Thornton and Birkett Long to unveil fourth annual Essex Limited report
- Credit: Archant
The countdown has begun to Essex Limited 2014, the fourth annual survey detailing the performance of the county’s top 100 companies conducted by financial and business advisers Grant Thornton UK LLP and Essex law firm Birkett Long LLP.
The study’s results, which will be announced in early December, offer an in-depth financial analysis of the 100 largest businesses based in Essex, selected by turnover and trading address, to provide what has become a recognised barometer of the local business marketplace.
The report examines key performance indicators such as turnover, profit and employment levels, as well as a breakdown of the results by sector.
James Brown, a partner at Grant Thornton and who heads Essex Limited, said: “Last year’s Essex Limited report provided strong evidence that our county’s businesses were continuing to strengthen and grow.
“There has been much economic progress over the past 12 months and, from conversations with our clients, we anticipate a similarly optimistic picture for 2014.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of the businesses we talk to expect profits and staff levels to increase over the next six months and also to make significant capital investments. This has got to be good news for the county.”
Tracey Dickens, head of corporate and commercial at Birkett Long, added: “Essex is a diverse, entrepreneurial county with strong growth opportunities, enhanced by close links to London and a thriving logistics sector.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
“Through the Essex Limited report we will look at what the county’s businesses have been doing right and what the important next steps will be at this crucial point in the county’s economic progress.”
The Essex Limited 2014 results will be revealed at a breakfast event on Tuesday, December 2, at Stock Brook Country Club in Stock, near Chelmsford.
To register your interest in attending or to sign up to recieve a copy of the Essex Ltd report, email EssexLtd@uk.gt.com .
Suffolk Limited, Grant Thornton’s parallel report for Suffolk, which was first launched in 2001, is due to be unveiled next Tuesday, at a breakfast event at Wherstead Park, near Ipswich.