Great Blakenham: Burland Technology Solutions wins Green Apple Environment Award
Burland Technology Solutions has been named among the winners inthe Green Apple Environment Awards, a national initiative to find Britain’s greenest organisations.
The company, based at Great Blakenham, near Ipswich, will be presented with its trophy and certificate at a ceremony to he held at the House of Commons on November 11.
Its winning paper will also be published in The Green Book, an international work of reference on environmental best practice, and the firm could also progress to represent the UK in the European Business Awards for the Environment.
The Green Apple Awards began in 1994 and have become established as Britain’s major recognition for environmental endeavour among companies, councils and communities.
The awards are recognised by The Green Organisation, an independent, non-political, non-activist, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising, rewarding and promoting environmental best practice around the world.
You may also want to watch:
The awards are supported by the Environment Agency, the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, the Chartered Institute for Waste Management and other independent bodies.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal