Great Blakenham: TV food guru Stefan Gates to open innovation suite at Omega Ingredients
- Credit: Archant
TV food guru Stefan Gates is set to open a new innovation area at a flavours and fragrances firm in Ipswich.
The opening of Omega Ingredients’ new creative and innovation suite in Great Blakenham takes place on September 16.
Food writer Mr Gates has hosted various TV programmes including Cooking in The Danger Zone.
The firm was founded in 2001 by biochemists Steve and Elizabeth Pearce.
Mr Pearce specialises in recreating innovative “extinct and impossible” aromas. Among his creations are the smell of Cleopatra’s hair, the last meal of a condemned man and the smell of moon dust for an art exhibition. Most recently Omega Ingredients was commissioned by Friends Reunited to create The scents of a decade, taking in the 70s (“Night Fever”), 80s (“Vice”) and 90s (“Take Spice”).
You may also want to watch:
His work has been featured in the BBC TV series E Numbers, Channel Four’s Food Unwrapped, Channel Five’s Super Scrimpers and the ITV Tonight programme, “What’s in Our Food?”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket