Post Office to close for renovations
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET VIEW
Customers of Great Waldingfield Post Office near Sudbury are being warned it is to close for nearly three weeks as part of a modernisation programme.
The Lavenham Road premises will be shut from Saturday November 2 at 1pm and is due to re-open on Thursday November 21.
The business is being refurbished and will become a One Stop convenience store with Post Office services provided alongside the retail counter.
Bosses say the new-look Post Office will offer an extra 67 hours of service a week.
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office change manger, said: "Great Waldingfield Post Office will be open much longer hours than before.
You may also want to watch:
"We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
We are confident this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs."
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 A14 re-opens after medical emergency