Greene King and Sadler’s Brewery celebrate hop harvest with One Stop Hop
- Credit: Archant
Bury St Edmunds-based Greene King has teamed up with Sadler’s Brewery, from Stourbridge in the West Midlands, for the second year running to brew a collaborative cask ale, One Stop Hop.
It is part of Greene King’s ongoing collaboration with smaller brewers for its 2015 seasonal cask ale calendar, with One Stop Hop celebrating the hop harvest in early Septemer.
One Stop Hop is a 4.3%abv (alcohol by volume) pale ale, single hopped with the East Kent Goldings variety which provides a subtle bitterness and a citrus floral finish.
The ale will be available in pubs around the UK throughout September and October, including Bury St Edmunds pub the Dog & Partridge on Crown Street.
This year has already seen the release of several beers in collaboration with smaller brewers, including Cornish Coast with Penpont Brewery in Cornwall, Bronze Adder with Mauldon’s Brewery in Sudbury and Golden Galaxy with the Brentwood Brewing Company from Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Houlton, managing director of Greene King brewing and brands, said: “We are proud to work in collaboration with Sadler’s Brewery for a second year to brew One Stop Hop.
“Based on the success of our partnership last year, we are looking forward to another great response to this ale from our customers.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
Chris Sadler, managing director and head brewer at Sadler’s Brewery, said: “We have thoroughly enjoyed working with Greene King to brew One Stop Hop. People are already looking forward to seeing On Stop Hop back on for the autumn, which is fantastic.”