Greene King brewery tours in Bury St Edmunds pick up fifth consecutive Certificate of Excellence award from TripAdvisor
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based pubs and brewing group Greene King has received its fifth consecutive Certificate of Excellence from travel review website TripAdvisor for the quality of its Westgate Brewery tours in Bury St Edmunds.
The Certificate of Excellence recognises hospitality businesses that have earned great traveler reviews on TripAdvisor over the previous 12 months.
Greene King has received a Certificate of Excellence for its brewery tours every year since 2011. It is among TripAdvisor’s top-ranked activities in Suffolk, with more than 98% of visitors rating it as “Excellent” or “Very Good”.
The tours, which operate daily, take guests on a guided journey around the Greene King brew house, including access to the roof, which offers one of the best views in Bury, and tutored tastings of beers, now held in the recently opened Greene King Beer Café.
Cathy Truin, manager of the beer café, said: “Our fifth Certificate of Excellence is fantastic news for our brewery and a huge compliment for our tour guides, who go above and beyond to make sure our guests have a great time with us.
“We have been brewing in Bury St Edmunds for over 200 years and our Art Deco brewery is a landmark in the region. We regularly welcome visitors from all over the world to come behind the scenes, see our brewers in action and of course enjoy some quality beer, from experimental brews to our much-loved British ales.
“We are really proud of this achievement and on behalf of the team I would like to thank everyone who took the time to leave us a review.”
- 1 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 2 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 3 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 4 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 5 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 6 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into two stationary vehicles
- 8 Suffolk mum believes note proves son's spinal cord was removed
- 9 Mike Bacon on the Blues: Quality over quantity, please
- 10 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
Heather Leisman, vice Ppresident of industry marketing at TripAdvisor, said: “With the Certificate of Excellence, TripAdvisor honors hospitality businesses that have consistently received strong praise and ratings from travellers.
“This recognition helps travelers identify and book properties that regularly deliver great service. TripAdvisor is proud to play this integral role in helping travelers feel more confident in their booking decisions.”