Greene King IPA becomes shirt sponsor of Professional Cricketers’ Association England Masters team
- Credit: Archant
Greene King has agreed another major cricket sponsorship deal, this time in support of the game at grassroots level.
Last month, Greene King IPA was unveiled as the official beer of English international cricket under a five-year agreement with the England and Wales Cricket Board.
Now, the Bury St Edmunds-based pubs and brewing group has also signed a deal for Greene King IPA to become shirt sponsor for the Professional Cricketers’ Association (PCA) England Masters team.
Currently captained by England batting coach Mark Ramprakash, the PCA England Masters team consists of former England internationals who help clubs around the country with their fundraising efforts.
Under the five-year deal, Greene King will have a prominent presence at all of the PCA’s events, including its flagship PCA Summer Garden Party and the PCA Awards.
You may also want to watch:
PCA commercial director Johnny Grave said: “We are delighted Greene King is committing their support to the PCA England Masters programme over the next five years and increasing their involvement to the wider cricket community.
”We are looking forward to working closely with the UK’s leading pub and brewing company and taking the PCA England Masters team around the country as we aim to support former players while giving recreational clubs and communities a fantastic opportunity to raise substantial funds.”
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
George Johnston, marketing director at Greene King Brewing & Brands, said: “We have championed sport at all levels for many years and we are proud to continue this tradition by partnering with the PCA to support grassroots cricket clubs, players and fans across the country.”
Greene King also recently announced a deal to become the main beer supplier to Surrey County Cricket Club for all domestic and international matches at the Kia Oval in London, with the three-year deal including investment in new bar facilities throughout the stadium.
Closer to home, it is also two years into a five-year deal with Ipswich Town FC including sponsorship of the Sir Alf Ramsey stand.
The company also has extensive sponsorship links with rugby union, including the RFU Greene King IPA Championship (the second tier of English club rugby) and deals with Aviva Premiership clubs Harlequins, Newcastle Falcons and Worcester Warriors. It also has a deal in rugby league with Newcastle Thunder.