Greene King renews TV sponsorship
FOOTBALLING nuns and a bobsleighing fox are to feature in a new promotional campaign for Greene King’s popular cask beer Old Speckled Hen.
The Bury St Edmunds brewer has renewed “Hen’s” sponsorship of prime-time weekday slots on television channel Dave – the self-styled “home of witty banter” which specialises re-runs of shows such as QI and Top Gear.
More than 20 new short, attention-grabbing sequences have been created for the campaign, building on the “It’s different, but its not a Hen” ads which have become familiar to viewers of the channel over the past year, and part of a �3.6million support package for the Old Speckled Hen brand.
Old Speckled Hen’s iconic fox again takes centre stage in the new ads, with the tagline: “Seek out something different’.
In his quest for elusive satisfaction, the fox witnesses a series of weird and wonderful scenes – which besides the footballing nuns includes a man riding micro-bike, a woman eating locusts, and a bottom-beating machine – none of which is sufficiently “different” to measure up to a “Hen”.
You may also want to watch:
The new ads, featuring the vocal talents of Griff Rhys Jones, with comedy actor Mark Heap as the voice of the fox, will run from Monday, May 10, between 9pm and 11pm.
John Sharples, brand manager for Old Speckled Hen, said: “There is a good reason why we’re going for a second year with sponsoring Dave.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
“It’s still a great place for Old Speckled Hen to roost. It is the UK’s fastest growing channel; it has one of the highest proportions of beer drinkers of any TV channel; and the witty banter is a perfect home for Old Speckled Hen.”
He added: “Cask beer is enjoying a renaissance, outperforming lager, wines and spirits and attracting new drinkers. The campaign supports licensees in their quest to exploit this cask beer revival, helping to drive interest and sales in the category as well as the brand.”
Steve North, channel head for Dave, added: “We are delighted that Old Speckled Hen has renewed for a second year, testament to the great brand fit between us.”