Hair salon wins national accolade
A COLCHESTER salon is celebrating after coming within a hair's breadth of top spot at a national awards event.Faces Hair & Beauty in Crouch Street was among 13 salons nationwide to qualify for the Kerastase Signature de Service Award in London, and came just one point behind the winners.
A COLCHESTER salon is celebrating after coming within a hair's breadth of top spot at a national awards event.
Faces Hair & Beauty in Crouch Street was among 13 salons nationwide to qualify for the Kerastase Signature de Service Award in London, and came just one point behind the winners.
Hair products company Kerastase sent out 'mystery' customers who called unexpectedly at salons and rated them according to service. The marking started from the moment the receptionist picked up the telephone, and covered the cutting and colouring treatments, friendliness, efficiency, and ambiance of the salon.
The Colchester salon team, including owner Wayne Hudson, Sarah Coghlan, Ian Duggan and Emma Edwards attended the awards, which took place at the Ritz Hotel. They were awarded a crystal star sculpture designed by Tiffany's for the regional and overall winners.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hudson, who bought the business just two years ago, described their success as “a tremendous achievement” for the team.
“I'm thrilled they've got the recognition they deserve,” he said.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 6 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company
- 10 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds