Halesworth: Wickedly Good Food boss Sam Goodbourn to open restaurant at ‘No 10’
AN outdoor catering firm is in the market for an appetising venture at the heart of a Suffolk town.
Reservations are being taken at Number 10 restaurant and bistro, in Halesworth’s Market Place, ahead of its opening next Friday.
The new eatery is the latest enterprise of Wickedly Good Food boss Sam Goodbourn, whose company already occupies kitchens and a food studio in Reydon, while managing weddings and events at St Peters Hall, near Bungay.
Final touches, including a Downing Street-style front door, are being applied at the former pet shop, where Mr Goodbourn has worked closely with council conservation officers to renovate the 17th century building and bring art nouveau style to the interior. Mr Goodbourn, who moved his business from London to Suffolk about nine years ago, said: “We wanted to bring our food to the town centre and we’re lucky to have a commanding position in the square.
“We’re all about local produce. The furthest away any of our food comes is fish from Felixstowe. We also stock Elgood’s beers from Cambridgeshire.”
You may also want to watch:
The 80-seat venue will include two dining rooms, a bar, kitchen and cloakrooms, plus a rear patio.
The restaurant will be open for morning coffee and pastries, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, all prepared by a team of chefs relying on local produce to minimise food miles and support local suppliers.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
An open day is planned for Wednesday, February 8, from noon until 5pm, with coffee, teas and pastries on offer. Number 10 is due to open officially two days later.
To find out more, visit www.number10-halesworth.com or call 01986 874888 from Monday.