Hampton by Hilton hotel to open at Stansted Airport in time for peak summer traffic in August
- Credit: Archant
A new 357-room hotel at Stansted Airport is on track to open at the end of this month.
The seven-storey Hampton by Hilton is just a two-minute walk from the airport’s main terminal building, via a covered walk-way, with many of the rooms offering runway views.
It will become the largest hotel operated under the value Hampton by Hilton brand, which already includes more than 2,240 properties with a total of more than 225,000 rooms in 19 different countries.
The hotel will offer “straight to room” digital key technology, allowing guests who book directly to select their room using an app on their smartphone and then, on the day of arrival, to receive a notification when their room is ready for them to get their digital key enabled at the front desk.
When guests approach their hotel room, they can simply press a virtual “unlock” button on the app to unlock the door.
You may also want to watch:
A 12-strong management team has been brought on to open and run the new hotel, led by general manager Paolo Franchi. The total workforce will be around 100.
Mr Franchi said: “It’s been an incredibly exciting few weeks as we make the finishing touches to the world’s largest Hampton by Hilton hotel. Whether embarking on a family holiday, business trip or exploring everything that London has to offer, we look forward to welcoming our first guests in a couple of weeks’ time.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive