Harwich: DFDS Seaways picks up ‘Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator’ title at World Travel Awards
- Credit: Archant
DFDS Seaways, whose UK passenger routes include services between Harwich and Esbjerg, has been named Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator at the World Travel Awards.
It is the seventh consecutive year that the company has achieved recognition in the awards, which were being staged for the 20th time this year and were presented at a ceremony in Antalya, Turkey.
The winners are decided by votes from travel industry professionals and consumers, with DFDS beating off competition in the ferry operator category from Britanny Ferries, Color Line and P&O Ferries.
DFDS said it attributed its success to the quality of its onboard offering including restaurants, bars, live entertainment and a “Kids’ Club”, as well as exceptional customer service.
Max Foster, passenger director for DFDS Seaways, said: “The cruise and passenger ferry market is very competitive and we strive to deliver outstanding customer service on every sailing.
You may also want to watch:
“We feel very proud to be recognised by the World Travel Awards for the seventh consecutive year, which is a great endorsement of the high standards we adhere to and the enormous effort of our hard working staff.
“Passengers’ holidays start as soon as they board a DFDS Seaways ferry and we will continue to invest in our vessels and services to ensure we are providing the very best service.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
DFDS operates a total of six passenger ferry routes to and from the UK, also including Dover-Dunkirk, Dover-Calais, Newhaven-Dieppe, Portsmouth-Le Havre and Newcastle-Amsterdam.
In all, it operates a network of 30 routes, including five passenger routes outside the UK, and 50 freight and passenger ships, claiming to be Northern Europe’s largest integrated shipping and logistics company,
It was named the World’s Leadinig Ferry Operator at the World Travel Awards in 2011 and 2012 and was also recommended by Which? Travel in 2011.