Haven Power reaches target of raising £8,000 for Ipswich Hospital children’s ward
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich business has succeeded in its mission to raise £8,000 for Ipswich Hospital.
The money raised by Haven Power has helped the Ipswich Hospital Charity to support and supply the children’s ward with a new oxygen flowmeter for small babies and investment in memory boxes for bereaved children as well as new seating for the paediatric assessment unit.
Neil Isaacson, Haven Power chief operating officer, said: “We are very proud of the effort and dedication displayed by our Haven Power team in support of our 2016 Charity of the Year.
“Our employees demonstrated this was a cause close to their hearts by driving activities with enthusiasm, passion and spirit in large numbers.”
Fundraising activities included the 10K Woodbridge run, dress down days and the Whole Hog challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The firm recently announced its 2017 Charity of the Year as the Suffolk-based Eden-Rose Coppice Trust.
Haven Power employees started volunteering at Eden-Rose’s Ipswich-based project, Brickmakers’ Wood, in April last year. One day a month, 10 employees visit the site and to date, almost 100 volunteers have contributed to restoring the neglected woodland in the centre of Ipswich.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
Mr Issacson added: “We are delighted to name the Eden-Rose Coppice Trust as our Charity of the Year for 2017. Our employees are extremely passionate about giving back to the community and this charity is close to our hearts given our volunteering efforts over the past few months.
“The work Eden-Rose does is incredibly inspiring and has a lasting impact on the community. We look forward to raising money for the charity in addition to our continued volunteering efforts.”
The fundraising target for 2017 has been set at £8,500 as Haven looks to improve upon last year’s total. Planned fundraising activities for the next few months include a car wash, quiz nights, sporting events and bake sales.