Haverhill: Ardex UK team completes Three Peaks Challenge
EIGHT employees from Haverhill-based flooring products company Ardex UK and sister firm Building Adhesives Ltd have raised �10,000 in sponsorship for Great Ormond Street Hospital by completing the Three Peaks Challenge.
The team completed the challenge – which involves climbing Ben Nevis (4,409 ft), Snowdon (3,560 ft) and Scafell Pike (3,209 ft), the highest peaks in Scotland, Wales and England, within 24 hours – in a time of 23 hours and 30 minutes, despite poor weather.
Peter Bell, managing director of both firms, said: “I have to say the effort and camaraderie of everyone in our team was immense.”
“This challenge provided us with not only a physical challenge, but one where we had to overcome mental fatigue as well. I can’t thank Great Ormond Street Hospital enough for providing us with the opportunity to participate and raise money and awareness for such a great charity.
“I would also like to thank and praise my colleagues, who were inspirational and showed what can be achieved through teamwork and endeavour”.
All eight members of the team, who were supported by a sizeable back-up crew completed the challenge, which involves 415 miles of driving.
Ben Nevis was scaled in four hours and 40 minutes, and Scafell Pike in three hours 15 minutes, both largely in driving rain, before encountering better weather on Snowdon, which was completed in three hours 30 minutes.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Award-winning scotch egg producer takes over Melton butchers shop
- 3 Parents uproar at Suffolk school's leavers day 'cancellation'
- 4 Five Suffolk walks with a fish and chip shop pitstop
- 5 West Suffolk Mexican restaurant named among best in the UK
- 6 20 homes in mid Suffolk set for green light despite parish council concerns
- 7 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
- 8 Fire almost totally destroys building during blaze at car body workshop
- 9 'A very mixed bag' - Harper's loan at Crewe analysed
- 10 Reeling Rams are the biggest question mark among relegated sides
The presentation of the proceeds from the walk to Great Ormond Street Hospital was made by Mr Bell, accompanied by Mark Dove, area sales manager for Building Adhesives Ltd in East Anglia, with his wife Charlotte and 14-month-old-baby Olivia. The money will be specifically targeted for use on the ward that Olivia was, and is still being treated.